Tuesday, October 30, 2012

growing up too fast.

The other day I was asking Ethnie about her day at school after she got home. We were sitting on the steps because it was such a beautiful day (68 degrees!). Emmett was still napping so it was just the two of us. She was telling me about a math game that her class was playing and she sounded so ... grown up! I felt like I was talking to a teenager. It shocked me for a moment and I had to remind myself to keep listening to her. I was missing my little girl!

Now, I know she is still little. But she will be 7 years old in two short months and that makes me feel old. I won't even begin to tell you how much I'm dreading my birthday. As she was talking about school she was so excited and animated about everything and it was so cute to listen to. She even has drama with her friends already! "Mom, so-and-so said they wouldn't be my friend anymore if I don't play with them." Too funny. We discuss the day-to-day "drama" and come up with good solutions. 

I am grateful that she feels comfortable talking to me about everything. I can only hope she feels the same way in the future when the real drama begins. :)
dolly is still her best friend

I love you, Ethnie!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers