Tuesday, August 14, 2012

sunday sweetness.

 Ethnie had her first legitimate talk on Sunday at church during Primary. She was asked to speak for 3-5 minutes and her topic was "I can feel the Holy Ghost in my life". While working on her talk, she came up with everything she wanted to say and I helped her compose it into simple sentences that she could read on her own. She was so excited to read her talk. I went up front with her just in case she needed help with a word and she read the whole thing without any help! She was so confident and excited to do it and I was so proud of her! I almost started crying because her words were so sweet and touching. 
My favorite parts of her talk were:
"When I help a friend when they fall down or when I help my whole family I feel the Spirit. When I read my ballerina book or look at the scriptures I can feel the Spirit." 

Ethnie is growing up to be such a sweet and caring little girl. I am grateful that Emmett has a good example and role model to follow. I think he gets a lot of his nurturing and affectionate characteristics from Ethnie. She has a kind heart and a lot of love to give. It makes me very happy to know that she knows that God is real and she can feel his love through the Holy Ghost in her every-day life.   

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers