Saturday, August 25, 2012

latest lit #5.

 
I was in the mood for a Twilight-like story and didn't feel like rereading that saga, so I came upon this one. Dead Until Dark is vampire/human love story. What I didn't know when I got it was that the HBO show True Blood is based off of this series. As I was reading the book, I watched the first two episodes of True Blood. Wow. They were a bit too much for me. I didn't know the show is rated TVMA, which I was not comfortable with. There was a lot of violence, bad language and sex scenes. 

The book, on the other hand, is MUCH cleaner. It's very comparable to Twilight, which I liked. I got sucked in pretty early into it and I will probably continue reading the series. It's interesting to me how this author depicts vampires compared to how Stephanie Meyer does. That alone kept me very interested! There are a lot of similarities with other characteristics added. I definitely recommend the book; I do not recommend True Blood though!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers