Tuesday, January 28, 2014

31 winters.

 
This has been the coldest Minnesota January on record. The COLDEST on record. I have lived here in the midwest through 31 winters. And let me tell you, I am SICK of it. Every year, winter rolls around and I think to myself, How am I going to survive this one? But every year I do survive. Somehow I survive! But I do think I get grumpier each winter, and I think it sticks to me longer each year. Not good! The temperatures have been so dangerous and school has been closed multiple times. Even the U of MN has cancelled class, and that NEVER happens. Of the three years I was a student there, I don't ever remember class being cancelled because of cold winter temps. And I will never forget walking to class in temps with a -30 below wind chill!
So it's brutal out there. And it's brutal on all of us who live here. If you don't live here during winter, be grateful. If you do live here, be safe, smart, and stay warm. Personally, I feel like insurance companies should cover a yearly one-week vacation away from the cold for all Minnesotans! It should be doctors orders! :) Wishful thinking, I guess.
Have a warm, cozy rest of your week!  

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers