Sunday, January 5, 2014

10 years.

I'm sure many of you read the previous post my husband wrote behind my back, er, um, right next to me without my knowing. It was a sweet surprise and honestly, all I really wanted to hear from Matt. His words mean so much to me and I am so grateful for him! Now, it's my turn. :)

dear matt,

We did it!! We have made our first major milestone in our marriage. It feels like it hasn't been ten years, but at the same time I guess it does...? Regardless, it feels good! Our family has gone from 2 to 4 in ten years. We are now ten years older (gulp!). We have celebrated many happy times together. We have endured trials together. Nevertheless, we have survived together in love. And we have survived together in our faith. I've been reflecting on the past ten years and I wanted to remind you of 10 good memories:
1. Our wedding day. When it all started! It was 13 degrees and sunny. (That's 28 degrees warmer than it is today. We're in a record-breaking deep freeze.) An amazing day. Enough said!
2. Our first Christmas tree. The tiny one-foot mini one that's meant for a cubicle. Our apartment was tiny. We didn't have much.
3. The night I told you I was pregnant. I was so scared and in the middle of writing my senior thesis. Kind of a big distraction while trying to graduate college. But we were excited.
4. The way you took care of me while I was sick during my first pregnancy. I was SICK. I was down. I was crabby. I was negative. But you were so sweet and understanding. You were patient with me. You waited on me. You helped me to get through that dark time in my life.
5. The birth of our daughter. You were my cheerleader.
6. The day we found out our second baby was a boy. You stood up with both arms in the air and yelled a deep "YUSSS!". I think the nurse jumped and I started laughing. You were so happy to have a boy.
7. The birth of our son. You were my cheerleader, again. And it went much smoother than the first time.
8. Watching you receive your MBA. You look good in a cap and gown! And I was happy to have my husband back.
9. Laughing our heads off watching 30 Rock reruns. This will probably continue for years to come.
10. Watching you play with our kids. It's just the best. And you are a great father.     
I am so grateful to have you in my life. I hope we only continue to grow closer together so we have decades more to celebrate. Our marriage has blessed us greatly as individuals and as a family. I hope our children always have us to look at as their biggest and best example. I love you.

cheers to us! michelle
ten years later. :)

We went on a date to La Grolla in St. Paul. It's an awesome Italian restaurant near the Cathedral.
I got ravioli with crab.
Matt got the lasagna. Best in town!
When we left, we were FULL.

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers