Friday, June 7, 2013

details to share.

I thought I'd share some thoughts/moments from the week:

* I have been in the mood to declutter my home again. I've been getting rid of old clothes, papers, junk, you name it. And it feels good.
* I'm learning every day how much of a BOY Emmett really is. The obsession of cars and trucks, the roughness in his behavior, the constant running, messes, energy. It amazes me!
* We have a nest of baby robins in the rafter of our front porch and I feel like I need to protect them.
* I have been focusing on learning more about my ancestors and have discovered some very interesting facts. I feel connected to them.

* Ethnie brought her yearbook home from school this week and showed me every person she knows on every page and the name of almost every staff member. She is so excited to have her yearbook.

* Emmett can be shy around other kids his age, but he loves watching them play and laughing with them.
(gloomy-day outing to the playplace at McDonald's)
* I want it to be hot outside soooooooo baaad.

* Emmett threw up in the grocery store this week. Yep. I knew this moment for me would happen sometime. It actually wasn't that messy. I was able to catch him in time to move everything out of the way and bend him over so it all landed on the floor. Other people jumped out of the way and kept their distance. But there was one sweet lady who came up to us and offered us some tissues while she went to get help. She came back with the manager and made sure Emmett was okay. I was really grateful for her kindness.

* Ethnie's last day of first grade is today. Sigh... She is super excited! Such a big girl.
(from the fall. she's definitely taller now!)

* I am helping my cousin Jen photograph an outdoor wedding tomorrow. Cross your fingers for nice weather!

Have a wonderful weekend!!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers