Tuesday, April 9, 2013

the sorcerer's apprentice 2013.

On Friday night, Ethnie performed in The Sorcerer's Apprentice. The Classical Ballet Academy opened for Ballet Minnesota as part of this year's MN Music Festival. She had a small part as a 'night creature' and did an excellent job! It's amazing to me how these 4-6 year-olds get up on stage in a filled auditorium and dance. Like usual, I volunteered backstage. It's my favorite part about the performances (other than watching my daughter, of course). I LOVE being backstage watching the company dancers warm up. It's chaotic, but exciting. The only disappointing part is that I have a limited opportunity to take photos. That means having to snap off as many as I can in a crowded dressing room in difficult lighting. 
getting ready!
 (poor girl had severely dry skin under her mouth that cracked open.)
 so excited!
 Ethnie with her friend Kimmy.
 comparing costumes
 telling secrets?
 makeup ready!
 (Ethnie wanted to take a picture of me. She LOVES the camera.)
 coloring with her friends while they wait to line up.
 little butt.
going on any minute! (Ethnie was a little nervous.)
show time!
so very proud of you, Ethnie!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers