Monday, April 1, 2013

spring(finally!).

Well, spring break has come and gone already. Ethnie had a great little vacation from school. She got to do many fun things. We didn't travel this year during the break; it was pretty restful. But we still had a great week together. I'm glad I was able to be home while Ethnie was on break so I could spend some quality time with her. I feel so blessed to be a mother of these sweet kids!
Ethnie kicked off spring break by going to the Sportsman's show with the guys. She found this hot ride and wanted to have one, just like Grandpa Tom!

 
It was amazing to see how much snow melted throughout the week. FINALLY. I don't care if it's mud and brown grass I see, at least it's not snow. Because the weather was much warmer, I spent some time chipping away at the glaciers we had on our sidewalks and patio. Hopefully breaking it up will get rid of it faster so we can actually play in the back.
the kids were making soup.
Patrick.
in heaven with his stick.

Emmett was really happy to have his sister home to play.

I took the kids to this great indoor playground in Woodbury, called Lookout Ridge. I learned that if you go after 6:00, it's only $3.50 per child. Nice! They had a blast and were pretty tired afterward! Emmett was afraid to go on the big slides, but loved watching Ethnie go down them.
waiting for Ethnie...

On Wednesday, I had the pleasure of taking Ethnie on a 'mommy-daughter date'. This was the highlight of my week. I rarely get to spend time with my daughter alone, so I took in every moment with her. Our neighbor watched Emmett so we could go. Thanks, Traecy!
We went out for brunch at our favorite place to get breakfast, the Uptowner on Grand. We shared pancakes, sausage and eggs. Soooooo goooood. If you've never been to this place for breakfast, you must. When you do, get the St. Paul omelet. It's Matt and I's favorite.
taking her first yummy bite.
So cute. When we were finished and stuffed, we went to Ethnie's favorite store, Target. She had some money saved up and wanted to buy a new toy. After walking up and down the aisles for about 20 minutes, she made her choice. She bought two ballerina barbies. I am not surprised. She loved going shopping for herself. She said to me, "Mom, this is the best day ever." I was so grateful to spend a couple of hours with my favorite girl in the world.



I saw this picture online and had to post it. We had many moments like this at home too...

We finished our break celebrating Easter. I absolutely love this holiday. It's warming up outside, there's candy everywhere(yes!), family is around, and best of all we get to celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. I always love going to church on Easter Sunday and focusing on my Savior and what He has done for mankind. His crucifixion and resurrection was the most significant event in history and I am so grateful that He atoned for our sins so we can live with Him again. 
we hosted Matt's family at our house. I tried to make the table festive... 
 my attempt at making bunny folded napkins.
lounging and being silly.
Emmett was tired after a long eventful day. He hit a point where all he wanted to do was take off his clothes and watch a movie. I guess that's a nice way to end the weekend, right?


I hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend. I am looking forward to a sunny week to kick off April.

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers