Sunday, April 28, 2013

my new job.

I recently took a part-time job! Susan Brown, a lovely woman I know from church, asked me if I'd like to help her with her honey business. Susan is a beekeeper and has multiple rooftop hives on various buildings in downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul, including the Foshay Tower, Regency Hyatt, and St. Paul Depot. She also just opened a new honey kitchen on Kellogg Blvd. in St. Paul, which is where I am working. One thing she makes with her honey are these amazing honey bon-bons. My main duties right now are to help finish the final touches on the new kitchen, gilding the bon-bons, and making deliveries to clients. So far it has been really fun! 
the bees! I got to meet these guys last week in lowertown St. Paul. so amazing!

Thursday night we had a launch party for Susan's new honey kitchen. It turned out great! I am so happy for her. The party was for clients and close friends. She had lovely flowers, art, food and drinks galore. She also had hives there to demonstrate how the honey process works.
the party's theme: art by A.M. Cassandre, a Ukrainian-French painter and commercial poster artist from the 1930s.
 boxes of yummy bon-bons.
 smoked scotch honey bon-bons. the honey is smoked at the Heartland in downtown St. Paul.
 the original honey bon-bon: creamed honey, dark chocolate, edible gold leaf.
 different honeys Susan has gotten from around the world.
 her own honey lemonade. to. die. for.
could you get honey more fresh than this??? so yummy.
 
Susan Brown herself!
 my man and his baguette.
 a card Ethnie made for Susan.
 Susan showing an artistic video.
congratulations Susan! cheers!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hi Michelle,

I live just around the corner from the new shop. Will it have regular hours and be open to the public? I would love to stop by!

Congrats on the new opportunity!
-Amanda
aetaylor08@gmail.com

Daisypath Anniversary tickers