Wednesday, May 9, 2012

just something to read.

This week is going well, I'd say. Aside from the fact that yesterday I started getting the chills and a sore throat, I've had some good luck. Here's something to read:

Yesterday it was raining off and on all day. Late morning, Emmett and I went for one of our usual walks. When we got half way around the block we saw some dark gray clouds rolling in. I started walking faster and encouraging Emmett to do the same. When we got to the corner where we live, it started pouring. I scooped Emmett up and darted up the lawn to the house. Wheeww! We made it just in time. After an hour of pouring rain, I started looking around for my phone. No phone. Anywhere. I had it in the pocket of my sweater and had no idea where it went. Then an awful thought crossed my mind: It's OUTSIDE. No way. I slipped someone's shoes on and ran out in the rain retracing my steps. Sure enough, laying on the lawn was my phone. Getting poured on. For an hour. Defeated, I brought it inside and dried it off. I turned it on and it seemed to be working.?? Crazy. I navigated through it for awhile and nothing is wrong with it! Oh, I failed to mention the fact that I had just gotten the phone the day prior to this happening. This kind of luck never happens to me....

Emmett's last 4 teeth have finally broken through! It's been hard for him the past few weeks dealing with the pain and tenderness of his gums. He hasn't been eating much because of it and he's been fussy. Now that they have broken through the gum line things are looking up. Fingers crossed!

I have decided to do a 5K mud run! It will be on June 2nd. The proceeds go to supporting leukemia & lymphoma research to find a cure for blood cancers. This is my second week of training and I have been feeling good. Until now I hadn't been running much because I'm more into walks, yoga and pilates. So I was pretty sore after the first two days of running. Today was the first time I went for a run with Emmett in the jogger and he liked it. He was a really good boy. Running with a stroller is definitely more challenging; pushing the extra weight and all. I'll keep you all posted on how training is going! Here's a visual of what a mud run is like:
 
 
Can't wait!!

  

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers