Wednesday, May 30, 2012

catching up with ethnie.

Ethnie has been a very busy girl. She has been reading like crazy, trying new things and being a helpful, sweet big sister. She is now just shy of 6 1/2 years old and I wish she wasn't growing up so fast! I was watching videos of her the other day when she was a toddler and I got sad. :(  Some newer 'big girl' things Ethnie is doing:
* reading books completely on her own. her favorite author is Eric Carle.
* counting into the hundreds and doing simple math.
* writing a ton!
* taking showers instead of baths
* being persistent on choosing her own outfit to wear



Some pictures of Ethnie teaching Emmett how to water flowers. They were actually watering weeds.:)


Last Friday Ethnie's class put on a play for all of the parents. They performed, The Very Busy Spider by Eric Carle. It was so sweet! Ethnie and her friend Ella were horses. Afterward, families were invited into their classroom for cookies and lemonade. I am so grateful I was able to attend.


On Memorial Day we had a picnic/bbq with some of Matt's coworkers. The weather was perfect. One of Matt's friends taught Ethnie how to play tennis. She caught on rather quickly.
I love my sweet girl!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers