Sunday, April 1, 2012

he's my full-time boy.


dear emmett,

you are now 21 months old and I can't take my eye off of you for a moment! you are definitely a stereotypical terrible-two, into everything, full-time toddler. now, I don't mean this negatively. It's just that your sister was not like this at all when she was your age so I am dealing with it as a first-timer. if you are inside, you are making the biggest mess possible and I constantly feel like I'm following your trail of 'breadcrumbs' (i.e. toys, bottles, snacks, ziploc baggies you pull one by one out of the drawer). when we are outside, you are off like one of your toy cars that you pull back until it clicks then let go. gone! this especially happens when we are out in public and you want to get out of the cart. I feel as if I'm going to have an anxiety attack on a daily basis. you just love being out and about all the time and are your happiest when you can walk around on your own. I have had to come to the realization that it's okay to put one of those kid harnesses on you with an attached leash. It's only for your safety. you seem to like it okay. don't worry; you can stop wearing it as soon as you are ready to walk by my side.

on a different note, you are talking like crazy; both in English and in your own language. you are getting a little better at communicating. there aren't really any new words to report, just that you are getting better at saying the ones you already know.

I love you to death, mister.

love- mom 

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers