Monday, April 9, 2012

easter weekend.

We started out Easter weekend out on Saturday with an egg hunt in our yard. It poured most of the day so we had to wait until evening to have it. The kids were really excited! Matt had to help Emmett find some eggs. He didn't quite understand what he was suppose to do. 
 
running away, as usual.
on a mission
found one!
all finished
 
 
Emmett's grump face. I could NOT get him to smile.
This was Easter afternoon flying out the door to get to church. The Service was so uplifting. The talks were great and the choir sounded beautiful. Easter is such a special holiday and it makes me realize how blessed I am and how grateful I am to know that Christ lives and that he suffered and died for me so that I can some day live again.
After church we came home and had some of Matt's family over and had a lesson for the kids about the Resurrection. I used Easter eggs to put key pieces of my lesson in them and the kids went and opened them one by one. It went pretty well, although I'm not sure how much of it they will remember. Ethnie knows that Easter is about Jesus, but that's about it. I have decided doing this lesson is going to be a tradition in our home.
We were also able to celebrate my mother-in-law's 60th birthday. We had cake and a nice visit. My mother-in-law, Meg, does not look like she is 60. I will have you know, I cannot find one wrinkle on her beautiful face. I'm serious! No fine lines, sun spots, acne scars, nada! She has totally motivated me to take better care of my skin, especially my face. I hope you had a lovely birthday, Meg! Love you!  

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers