Tuesday, April 24, 2012

the power of example.

About a week ago, I started noticing that Emmett bows his head and tries to fold his arms when we say prayers as a family. It is the cutest thing. I'd love to take a picture of him doing it sometime, but that probably won't happen. We have never actually talked to Emmett about what we do while we say prayer; he just started following us. He actually stays quiet the entire time too! Such a reverent little sweet boy. Sometimes, I'll peek at him during prayers and he will have his head down but will be looking around at the rest of us. When the prayer is over he tries to say 'Amen' too. It makes me realize how important it is to be a good example. I believe that is the best way I can teach my children. I always try to be on my best behavior around them and I think it's paying off. Sometimes as a mother I feel like I work so hard but don't see a positive result of that hard work. Maybe I should start paying better attention because I am seeing positive things coming from my children every day. 

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers