Thursday, March 8, 2012

my thursday.

Nothing special happened today; just a typical Thursday at home with Emmett. Without the car. Matt has class on Thursdays so he takes the car.
We took our usual walk around the block. It's Emmett's favorite thing to do before we wait for Ethnie at the bus stop. It's so cute watching him lumber along and step in all the puddles. Looking at his wardrobe, I can tell he needs bigger sizes in just about everything, but I don't want to buy anything for him unless it's for the summer season. I can't get myself to buy him anymore sweaters or warm pants! It's that time of year when we all start dressing for spring prematurely. We just want it to come so badly! I think it's far worse when you go somewhere warm for spring break and come back to colder temps. Once you've felt that warm air on your bare skin and have been wearing flip flops for a week, it's pure torture to put on a coat.
When Ethnie got home she and Emmett played really well together. They have this new 'game' where Ethnie runs around on all fours acting like a dog and Emmett chases after her. It's so funny to see him when he gets winded! His little body is not used to all that running. They also chase each other around the dining room table and laugh. Despite the noise, I really love those moments. They bring that joy into motherhood that we all want.
So that's it. Like I said, just a typical Thursday. Think spring everyone!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers