Wednesday, February 29, 2012

snow, rain, sleet, repeat.

we just had our third (yes, only third!) larger snowfall of the season. the northern part of the state is a winter wonderland from what I hear, but it's a big slushy here in St. Paul. it snowed for awhile, poured rain all night, then there was a period of sleet, followed by another two inches or so of snow. by about 2:00 this afternoon it was melting fast. i shoveled the walk while emmett followed me around and it was hard work! the snow/slush was so heavy I thought for sure the blade on the shovel was going to snap off every time I took a scoop. eventually I started 'plowing' the slush into the street because there was no where else to put it. it's a good thing emmett was wearing his little green boots. :) after the walk I tackled the driveway. when I got inside I was beat. it's suppose to stay warmer so there will be more melting. I am grateful for this mild winter and am starting to get excited for spring!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers