Friday, February 3, 2012

my buddy and me.


I have been feeling very grateful to be a mother lately. Usually, I feel like I have a love/hate relationship with being a stay-at-home mom. Staying at home with children can be very taxing, frustrating, even downright boring. Sometimes, I feel like my brain is turning to mush. BUT - I wouldn't have it any other way. I know what I am doing is right and that I will be forever grateful being able to stay home with my kids when they are little. I stayed at home with Ethnie for 3 years and worked part time and we survived. I am hoping I can do that with Emmett too as long as I have that option. Many women do not have the option to stay home and I am grateful that I do.

Every day I get to have with Emmett is a blessing. He brings me so much joy and I love seeing him discover new things and develop his personality. I can tell he is very happy to be at home too. Whenever we come home from a morning of running errands he gets really excited when we walk in the door. He can't wait to get his shoes off and go find his toys. His newest words are 'stop' and 'bus'. He also just started climbing up onto the couch by himself. Kind of a late bloomer! He is also giving lots of hugs and pats to those he loves. So cute!

Emmett is now 19 months and growing like a weed. He is fitting into size 24-month clothes and size 5 diapers. Yikes! Pretty sure he is going to be tall like his daddy and uncles.

that face

playing with trucks on the window sill


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its like you read my mind! You appear to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you could do with some pics to drive the message home a little bit, but other than that, this is fantastic blog. A great read. I will definitely be back.
Casabella Bamboo Hand Broom with Natural Palmyra Bristles (Pack of 12)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers