Wednesday, October 5, 2011

minor surgery.

Yesterday, I went to the dermatologist to have two cysts removed; one from my forearm, the other from my scalp. I've had them for a few years, but recently they had gotten larger and painful. Matt took the day off for me so I could go in without the kids.
I didn't think much of it when I got there; no biggie, right? I didn't start to get nervous until the doctor leaned my back in the chair and started numbing my arm. Yikes! My whole body started trembling and I couldn't relax. Other than giving birth, I've never had any major surgery so this was all new to me. Although I couldn't feel anything and the nurse and doctor were very nice, I was still a little freaked out. The whole event only took 45 minutes. If any of you are interested, I took a video of the cysts in jars after they were taken out. The one in my arm was the size of a marble. So gross!
When I got home I felt pretty good. Life went on as usual until about 6:30 PM when the numbness had worn off. I felt as if someone had cracked a baseball bat over my head and lit it on fire. Crazy how such a minor surgery can cause major pain. Just lifting my eyebrows made the pain worse. I didn't think much of my arm until I took the bandage off to clean it. I have never had stitches so seeing them freaked me out and caused me to start crying. I made Matt do the rest so I could lay on the couch and focus on not being in pain.
It has now been over 24 hours since I had the cysts removed and I am feeling better. The head-lit-on-fire feeling has gone down to the feeling of having a massive bruise; a bit more tolerable. My arm is less swollen and only hurts when I bump it or carry Emmett, which is pretty much all day long. Tomorrow should be better...

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers