Tuesday, May 3, 2011

steve and alison are married!







On March 26th, Steve and Alison tied the knot! I couldn't be more happy for them. They both looked fabulous and their wedding was lovely. They are very happy together and I believe they are perfect for each other. Alison looked very elegant and Steve was definitely a sharply-dressed man.
I must admit, it was a bitter-sweet day for me. I knew I would be emotional, but I didn't think I would cry as many times as I did! I realized that my little brother is all grown up and now has a lady of his own. In a way, I felt like I was giving my brother away. All of a sudden, I wanted to be 10 years old again swimming at our lake home or playing in the yard with him. Something started to hurt and I couldn't help but feel a little sad.
It's interesting; tears of joy followed by some tears of sadness can be exhausting! The emotion and energy it takes to cry is tiring enough, but then to throw those happy emotions in there at the same time takes it to a whole new level. I felt like I was on an emotional roller coaster for awhile.
Before dinner was served, I gave a toast. I wasn't planning on giving one; it just happened. I started to cry towards the end of my toast and made Alison tear up as well. I am grateful to have her as my sister-in-law. It was a great weekend!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMGOSH when did steve get so ADULT??? He looks great congrats on the new sister!!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers