Thursday, March 21, 2013

i love family.

I have been thinking a lot about genealogy lately and am very interested in it. On St. Patrick's Day, I decided to start a formal pedigree chart online. Why not do it on a day where I celebrate my ancestry, right? I started my pedigree chart with my dad's family first because my aunt and uncle made everyone in our family a genealogy book that is amazing! I have read that book cover to cover a couple of times and I am amazed at some of the impressive things I now know about my ancestors. I feel like I have gotten to know them and now have a connection.
For example, I discovered that I live just blocks away from where my great great grandparents lived. Blocks away! I have discovered other family members who lived very near to me and have taken a little drive to see the homes in person. The same houses as in the photos still stand! Houses that are 100+ years old and still hold their memories. I've thought about knocking on the doors of these homes so I can peek inside, but I don't want to look like a creeper...
I am excited to continue to work on my pedigree chart and get to know even more of my ancestors.
Matt's mom made this traditional Irish meal. We get to enjoy this yummy food every year! 
There are many perks of being Irish. ;)

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers