Wednesday, April 9, 2014

my weekend that melted into spring(late).

 Last weekend was lovely.  I spent some nice time with the kids and almost all the snow melted. :) Can't get much better than that, right?

(Thursday) I took the kids to Como Zoo Conservatory to trigger any memories of what it feels like to be around vegetation. We saw some really cool frogs! The two in the photo above are red-eyed tree frogs napping on the glass. So cute!
poison dart frogs.
can't remember the name of these guys.

We had another snow storm, which resulted in 6.5" of heavy snow-turned-slush in a matter of hours. Not funny. At least Matt and the kids had fun having their (hopefully) last snowball fight.


On Friday, after the storm passed, Ethnie and I had a day date to spend some time together. Because recent events have forced us to put most of our energy and attention on Emmett, I really felt Ethnie needed some time with me away.
So, we went all the way across Lexington Parkway to the community center to go swimming. ;) Two of Ethnie's friends were there too so she had a blast. I love watching her swim. She's so little and cute and always proud of herself when she figures out how to do a new "cool trick".

After swimming we headed over to the MOA to Skydeck, Ethnie's new favorite place to go in the Mall. We shared some food and played games. Ethnie won the jackpot on one of them!
She used her 600 tickets to buy a stuffed animal seahorse. Yes, it costs 600 tickets to get a small stuffed animal! She was so excited about it. I love my girl. :)

The weekend was also very spiritually uplifting because our church has what's called General Conference. It takes place in Salt Lake City, but is broadcasted all over the world for the congregation to watch. The leaders of the church speak about whatever they feel inspired to tell us. It happens twice a year and really recharges my spiritual batteries. I am grateful to have spiritual guidance like that in my life.

Hope you all have a great warm rest of your week!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers