Thursday, April 17, 2014

meet Zena.

This is Zena, Emmett's speech therapist at Children's. He has had two sessions with her and so far, so good! Zena is very kind and patient and Emmett seems to warm up to her well. Mostly, these first two sessions have been to get to know each other and ask me a lot of questions. She started working with him on saying what he wants in a full sentence, instead of pointing or grabbing. For example, she will hold up two toys and try to get Emmett to say, "I want the _____." He hasn't said it yet, but he will with time. Hopefully, things will continue to go well with Zena.

On Monday, Emmett had his screening for preschool with the school district. It went as well as it could have gone, but Emmett was unable to do many of the tasks asked of him and that was hard to watch. I started crying and had to get it together! I know Emmett is smart and will learn successfully at his own pace, but it made me so sad to see him struggle with simple things. Special education is going to do another evaluation to see what he qualifies for.

On a lighter note, the kids have been playing really well together this week and that makes me very happy! The best sound in the world to me is listening to my kids laugh and giggle together. Those messes are the ones I'm willing to clean up. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love you guys! I'm glad Emmett is working as hard as mom and dad.

Unca Franz

Daisypath Anniversary tickers