Sunday, November 10, 2013

our weekend.

Our weekend was spent staying busy at home. I cleaned and got some sewing done. I made some new pillow covers for the couch with some new fabric I got and I love how they look. One of these days I will update my 'our home' page and it will have new photos.
When Matt got home from work, we raked the yard. Late, I know, but we have this huge tree in our front yard and I swear it is the LAST tree in the state to shed it's leaves in the fall. It's still shedding, but we wanted to get the bulk of it done before anymore snow comes. I will also add that we have the MOST leaves to rake in our neighborhood for the size of yard we have. Somehow, all the leaves that blow around through the streets end up in our yard. Couple that with our massive tree and you get a full day of raking and bagging. This is always fun for the kids. They love running, jumping and rolling through the piles of leaves!
Emmett especially had fun playing in the leaves this year. 
When Matt and I bag leaves I always giggle and make fun of him because every time he shovels up an armful of leaves and dumps them into the bag he lets out this loud "sigh". Every time. He didn't realize he does this until I pointed it out and now we always laugh about it. 

On Saturday afternoon Ethnie got to have a sleepover at her friend Olivia's house! This was her second sleepover and she had a great time. Olivia lives down the street from us. Her mom took them out for Chinese for dinner and bought them each a new American Girl chapter book. Thanks Traecy!
They had a blast playing with their dolls and the dog!

On Sunday Ethnie had a little program at church with all the other kids. They sing hymns and each get to have a speaking part. Ethnie talked about how she knows Heavenly Father wants us to pray to him and that we can pray anytime, anywhere. She is such a good example and has great faith. I was so proud listening to her sing and talk about such an important topic!

I hope you all have a great week. My main goal is to not let the cold get me down. It's going to warm up again next weekend. :)



No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers