Friday, November 29, 2013

birthday weekend.

My birthday was on Monday this year so I celebrated over the weekend. Last weekend (this post is a bit late). My mom came for a visit, which was great!
On Saturday, I took her to a painting class (early birthday gift for her) and we had fun and got to take home our art! We did some early Christmas shopping, came home for dinner, then headed out to the Target Center to see Philip Philips and John Mayer. Thanks for staying home with the kids, babe!
Philip Philips
We got a great deal on tickets and got to sit in an executive suite. It was awesome; private bathroom, refrigerator, sink, ice, couches, and a great balcony to watch the show. It was so fun to have plenty of room and put your feet up! I was especially grateful to be able to get up and move around because I had nasty cold and was dealing with lots of coughing and blowing my nose. YUCK.
John Mayer
On Sunday, we rested, ate yummy lasagna for lunch, and did some crafts with the kids. After my mom left we went to Matt's parents' house for dinner. Meg made me Chinese and French Silk pie. So good!


On Monday Matt took the day off so we could hang out and so I could try to sleep off my cold. I also got to get my hair done and catch up with my friend, Kristy. After dinner we had some DQ ice cream cake. My favorite. Ethnie was especially excited. :) 

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We hosted Matt's family and it was lovely. I can't believe the Christmas season is upon us! We are looking forward to decorating the house and getting into the spirit of Christmas!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers