Sunday, September 8, 2013

remembering Jim.

My great-uncle Jim tragically died this week. On Tuesday, he was on his way to the dentist on his motorcycle and was hit by a car. The woman driving the car claims she did not see him and pulled out as he was riding by. He was rushed to the hospital and passed away Wednesday morning.  He was only 58 years old.
I did not see Jim on a regular basis, but when I did he always gave me a big hug and called me sweetie. He always cared about what was important to me and what was going on in my life. Jim was a sweetie himself and had a big heart! He loved to have a good time and make the most of each day.
On Saturday, we went to a gathering at Jim and Jackie's home to celebrate him and the turnout overwhelmed me. It was so amazing to see so many people there who loved Jim. It was great to reconnect with family and share and look at fun memories of Jim.
I know now he is in a better place, embracing his parents and other family members who have been waiting for him on the other side. I love you, Jim!

It's crazy how someone you love can be here today, then gone tomorrow. I'm begging you all; if you ride a motorcycle please wear a helmet and be responsible. You are too special and loved to take such a risk. 

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers