Sunday, July 21, 2013

time with my girl.

I try to have some quality one-on-one time with our children once a month, especially with Ethnie. Sometimes this is challenging, but I feel it is greatly important to spend quality time alone with the kids doing an activity of some kind.
On Saturday, I took Ethnie to Canterbury Park to watch some horse races. I knew she would love it. It was her first time there and she couldn't stop raving about it! Horses are her FAVORITE. Once in a great while I think about moving to a place in the country just so we could have the property to own a horse. Then I remember how much of a city girl I am and completely change my mind. Regardless, I love seeing the look on Ethnie's face when she watches horses. Pure happiness!
quite a sight!
MN made out of flowers.
 excited to watch some races!
busy day at the track.
as close as you can get!
 
 
Saturday was known as Extreme Race Day, where they also have exotic animal races, like camel, ostrich, and zebra! It was highly entertaining. We were not able to make it in time to watch the camel race, but saw the other two.
the ostrich race was so crowded that I wasn't able to take any pictures of them running on the track. so the monitor was the next best thing.



Zebras! The one farthest to the left is actually a 'zonkey'; half zebra half donkey. He won!
zonkey pulling ahead!
so fun
charging for the finish line
best part of her day

We had such a great day together. I hope y'all had a great weekend too!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers