Wednesday, July 27, 2011

dear ethnie,

to my sweet little girl,

Ethnie, I have been thinking a lot about you the past few days because I am blown away by how grown up you are. Time has flown by and now you are 5 1/2 years old and entering kindergarten in the fall. It amazes me how this milestone has approached us so quickly. You are now a school-aged big girl!

I want you to know how proud I am of you! You have had a major adjustment in your life in the past year; welcoming a baby brother into your world. Although at times it has been hard, you have been such a great helper to me and are a very caring big sister. I know you love your brother and will be a great role model for him to follow. He loves you SO much and already worships you! I also know you will watch out for him and be his friend. Just yesterday, you said to me, "Mom, I want Emmett to grow up big like me so we can play ball together." I know that day will come very soon for you two!

I am so impressed by how friendly and kind you are with other kids. Every time we go to a playground, lake or pool you always ask another child if they would like to play with you. By the end of our time there, you always seem to have a little group following you around having fun. You never judge other kids either. Everyone, to you, is a friend.

I really feel like you are such a unique little girl. Your silly thoughts, ideas and actions always make me smile. I feel so lucky to be your mother and look forward to all of our fun adventures together! You will always be my sweet little girl.

love, mom. 


 

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers