Thursday, November 18, 2010

my big girl.

Yesterday morning, Ethnie rode the bus to preschool for the first time. Lucky for her, the bus stops right on our corner. We waited together for the bus and I could tell she was nervous. When the bus arrived, we both climbed on the bus and Ethnie stopped at the top of the steps. It was pretty loud in there so she got overwhelmed and looked up at me and said, "I don't know what to do." She then began to cry. I helped her to her seat and told her she only had to ride for four minutes. I had to hold back tears too! I felt bad that she was scared. I also told her how brave I thought she was and how proud I was of her. So, I had to leave her on the bus crying and thought about her the entire time she was at school. When I went to pick her up in the afternoon, she was all smiles and told me she liked riding the bus. Now she will ride the bus in the morning. I must say, it a luxury for a mother.

Michelle

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers