Thursday, November 4, 2010

grateful to be a mom.


This past week I have been pondering what being a mom means to me. I am so grateful to be a mother to my two amazing children. I am so grateful to be able to bear children and, especially, to be able to stay home and raise them. With Emmett being so young, I feel very relieved to be able to take care of him at home. I felt a large weight lifted off my shoulders when I decided not to go back to work. I know for a fact this is what I am suppose to do at this time and it feels so right!
I am grateful to have a beautiful daughter like Ethnie. She is so smart and animated. She has so many interesting things to say and is very comfortable with her feelings. I know raising a girl has its challenges, but I feel honored to take on any challenge she has for me. She and I have a blast together; she's my little girlfriend!
I am also grateful to have the opportunity to raise a son. I have a feeling that I have no idea what I'm in for! I look at other little boys I know and - yikes! - they are constantly on the move and have no fear! I am used to cautious little Ethnie, so when Emmett walks right off the end of the dock instead of stopping to look at the water, I'd better have a life jacket in hand! So far, he has been the sweetest, cuddliest little man I could ask for.
I love my children. They bring so much joy to Matt and I. I feel so lucky to be their mother.

Michelle

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers