Tuesday, October 7, 2014

it's fall y'all.

Fall greeted St. Paul this year with 80 degrees and sun, which is more than fine with me. :) Keeping shorts on and sprinklers hooked up as long as possible is my goal in life when it comes to living in MN. I realize the past week or so has not been the case; now I've been throwing on sweaters and making sure the ice scraper is in the car. Why are season transitions so drastic here??? Going from air conditioning one day to turning on the heat the next isn't exactly an easy transition.
Anyway, just wanted to share these sweet photos from the first week of fall (or should I say the last week of a MN summer?). You decide.

We took the kids to the Stone Arch bridge in Mpls. I'm embarrassed to say that it was their first time there. Yep, pretty sure. It was a perfect evening and the sunset was gorgeous (as always) on the bridge.
^^ Ethnie being an awesome big sister
^^ taking it all in. Emmett was in the middle of a listening session.
^^ love them
^^ happy
^^ my main man
The kids had a great time down by the water exploring around. I managed to grab a couple of decent shots. :)
^^ little beauty


I took Emmett to Country Sun Farm in Stillwater one day after school. It was just the two of us and there was hardly anyone there, which was nice. I know this place is slammed on the weekends. This little farm has a huge selection of pumpkins and halloween decor, flowers, and sweet little animals. I've discovered that animals are very therapeutic for Emmett. He is very calm around them and loves watching them and petting them.
Emmett could have fed the baby goats corn all day. He kept calling the babies dogs and the adult ones donkeys. :)
test-driving all the tractors. can't get enough of his trucker hat.
Tossing corn to the ducks. I remember last year I took the kids here by myself and was helping Ethnie feed corn to the chickens while Emmett was throwing rocks into the pond. After a few minutes I got a closer look and he was NOT throwing rocks. It was geese droppings. NOT good. It was everywhere and all I had to clean him up was a pack of wipes and hand sanitizer. Ew!

Hope y'all are having a nice fall and a great week. My mom is staying with us this weekend and we are so excited to have Nana visit!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers