Tuesday, September 9, 2014

the new man on campus.

Last week, Ethnie started 3rd grade! She was so excited to go back to school and I am really proud of her. She is still attending J.J. Hill Montessori. Her class is mixed with grades 1-3 so this year she gets to be part of the oldest grade in her class. :) I think she is most excited about this. I am looking forward to seeing the new things she will learn this year and what she will excel in. She is a smart girl!
ready to start the new school year!
 the neighborhood bus stop. love these kids!
little brother has definitely been missing his big sister. a few days before school started Ethnie bought Emmett a new toy so he "wouldn't miss her so much while she's away". so sweet.

Yesterday it was Emmett's turn to experience his first day of school. Preschool! Unfortunately, J.J. Hill does not have the school program Emmett needs, so he is going to a different school. :) He needs to be in a co-taught classroom, which is made up of regular- and special-ed students, along with both a regular- and special-ed teacher. I was sad when we found out the kids couldn't attend the same school, but I know Emmett is where he needs to be at this time. He is attending the Linwood Monroe elementary school. We did quite a bit of prep for Emmett so the adjustment would be easier on him. We visited the school and classroom a few times in August and met with his teachers twice. 
being silly in the car (with a new studly haircut)
Once we got inside and he saw the rest of the kids, he got pretty overwhelmed. We decided to stay with him during breakfast to make sure he was calm and comfortable before leaving him. I kept making excuses too because I was having a hard time leaving him. :( I was kind of a nervous wreck all morning.
when I came to pick him up his teachers said he did really well for his first day!

 day 2. having a good morning!
coloring while the rest of the kids finish their breakfast.
doing well! my cue to exit...

Sigh... Both of my kids are officially in school. Emmett is no longer a little toddler anymore! It's crazy to think about. Are anymore kids in the cards for us?? I'm really not sure. At this point in time I can confidently say that I am not ready for a third. But that could change. I get streaks of baby fever regularly. :)
Have a great week!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers