Monday, May 12, 2014

mother's day 2014.

I had a lovely Mother's Day. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to spend the day with my own mother, but we are making up for it this weekend. I love my mom. She is fun, kind, nurturing, beautiful, and loves me unconditionally. I know she will be there for me in my life no matter what. And now, she is a wonderful Nana and loves my kids the same way she loves me. She is the best.

I came across this and thought is was funny. And so true. So true. 

Whenever a child is born, a mother is also. I am a mother and I love it. It took me awhile to realize it, but it is my calling in life. I know motherhood is a divine role and that God wants me to be the mother of my children, specifically. He sent them specifically to me because He knows I am the best mother for them. He obviously knows me better than I know myself because I often question my strength and ability as a mother. I often wonder if staying home with them is what I should be doing because of pressure from society and the success of others. I'm sure my battle with that will never go away. What I know for sure is this: When I think and pray about being home with my kids and taking care of them myself, I feel peace and comfort. My mother-in-law often tells me, "There is a time and a season for everything." That really is true and I need to be reminded of that every now and then.
 
I am so grateful to have my daughter. She is a lovely little girl with an amazing imagination and loving personality. She is feminine and beautiful. And I know she is going to make a stellar mother some day.

I am so grateful to have my son. He is full of life and is teaching me a whole new way to look at the world. I am smitten by his adorable dimples and kisses.

some humor. this is Emmett and I. ;)

I hope you all had a great Mother's Day! I am so blessed to be able to be the mother of these two dolls. 
Cheers to mothers everywhere!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers