Thursday, May 16, 2013

my little friend.

I feel like Emmett and I went through a lot this winter. I didn't think this could be possible, but we have grown even closer together. I think being home together and forced to stay inside because of the never-ending snow has helped us to appreciate each other more.
Now, (knock on wood) it is Spring and warm outside. We have been outside most of the day; we come inside for nap time and head back out for round two when Emmett wakes up. I can't begin to tell you how great the warm air and sun feels on my skin. I even feel like my soul is happier! I promise you all, I will not complain about one hot day this summer. I might get concerned about the heat with my kids, but not for myself. I will appreciate each warm degree we have this summer.   
Emmett has been so sweet and affectionate lately. He will walk up to me, give me a hug and say, "Hi buddy." This kills me. It couldn't melt my heart more. He also tells me he loves me all the time and doesn't want me to leave him. And when I come home from being apart from him, he gives me the warmest greeting a person could ask for. It makes me feel so rewarded for being a mom. I am so grateful to know my children, and for them to know me. Here are some updated pictures of my cute, growing-bigger-by-the-minute-but-still-little buddy. 
The first couple of days after Emmett slept in his new bed he was tired. He learned pretty quickly that getting up multiple times after putting him down affects him in the long run.


nap hair
chubby feet
trucks, trucks, trucks.
how would you like to wake up to this face?
taking a serious nap.
throwing a tantrum.
playing at Choo Choo Bob's.
taking walks.

I love you Emmett!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers